Costa Mesa is a popular Orange County CA city, especially for people who like a less frantic lifestyle, with lots of biking and walking in residential neighborhoods.
Costa Mesa is located next to and inland from Newport Beach and has economy primarily based on retail (think South Coast Plaza), commerce, and light manufacturing.
Costa Mesa CA real estate for 2011:
- 654 Costa Mesa homes were resold during this past year 2011 – average sold price of $496,096
- 477 of those resold homes were single family, and others were attached condo homes.
- 167 of the resold homes were short sales (25.5 percent of market).
- Average sold price for short sales was $469,239
- 102 of the resold homes were REO lender owned (15.5 percent of market)
- Most Costa Mesa homes listed eventually sell on the market.
Costa Mesa CA home and property sellers can expect for 2012:
- There are now 168 Costa Mesa homes now listed for resale – average list price of $504,923
- If average resale price goes down, that result from lots of short sales and REO sales.
- Costa Mesa is like other Orange County areas inasmuch as distressed homes, REO bank owned and short sales, will be listed for sale and sold.
- Consumer buyer confidence should improve, and qualified property buyers are expected.
Source of some information is CRMLS and does not include that for new homes for sale or sold, those sold at trustee auctions after foreclosure, and does include those listed and sold by all agents and brokers.
Professional REALTOR® agent representation and help for property owner/sellers, private trust estate representatives, estate administrators and executors, probate and trust attorneys, estate planners, income tax professionals, public guardians, fiduciaries, investor group managers, bankers, and individuals, with listing and sale of properties at Orange County, CA